Even in the 21st century, even in a more liberal state like Oregon, racial discrimination is alive and well. If you have experienced racial discrimination in the workplace, you know full well the emotional and personal toll it can take. You must stand up and fight against it, but you need not do it alone – let the employment attorneys at Kroll & Johnson, P.C. help you. The initial consultation is always free, and you never have to spend a dime – we don’t get paid unless you win your case.
Racial discrimination can take many forms:
- Racial epithets, hostile comments, harassment, and inappropriate jokes
- Disproportionate treatment in disciplinary matters
- Substandard pay due to your ethnicity
- Lack of promotion or good assignments due to your ethnicity
The employment discrimination attorneys at Kroll & Johnson, P.C. will examine your case carefully. You may qualify to file your case in Circuit Court, or with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), or the Bureau of Labor and Industries (BOLI).
Recovering Fair Compensation for Racial Discrimination
Compensation for racial discrimination can take many forms and cover a wide range of scenarios in Oregon. Some of the more common damages are:
- Lost wages for a wrongfully denied promotion
- Lost wages for a wrongful termination
- Emotional distress and mental anguish due to discrimination and a hostile work environment
- In rare cases of extreme and outrageous discrimination, punitive damages may be imposed